Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Keeping dogs outside to sleep ?

Ok, so i have a golden retriever mix and my parents who live next door to me have a black lab. Now, the back yards are connected and i can go through my backyard and let my dog into my parents yard to play with the other black dog durring the day. The black dog is a hunting dog (we live in louisiana so my dad duck hunts every season) but my dog is just a mix from the pound but a good dog. The point is that my parents bulid a 5 by 5 fully equipped dog house for them.It had a light, A/C and Heater in it. They just finished it last week and started thinking that they were going to leave their dog the black one outside over night. My dad still takes her out for training and walking during the week but they thought it was a good idea to help her coat fill and to keep the house cleaner while shes sheading and having her (time) if you know when i mean. Well, they asked me if i would leave my dog outside at night as well to keep the other dog company and i wasnt sure what to do. My dog sleeps in a kennel inside our home but has never spend a whole night outside. Does anyone think it would be a totally bad idea to leave her outside? They have teh dog house and each other and i take her for walks during the week but i just dont want her to feel neglected at night bc she is used to sleeping inside. IDK how she will react. Any answers to this would ge GREAT ....Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment