Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My question is, does the Attorney General of Texas (Greg Abbott) have jurisdiction over the Dallas DA?

Very briefly. Myself and 3 other individuals filed a complaint with the Dallas DA for a fraud scheme. We were defrauded over $400,000. We filed a complaint Nov 2009 and followed up Nov 2010. They advised it was under grand jury investigation and could not give us any info. Jan 2011 we discovered the crooks had a friend who worked in the DA's office, had a friend who was a judge, and that the crooks had defrauded 3 other individuals for $170,000 while under "grand jury investigation". We pulled our case and our paperwork was promptly handed to us from the DA's Office the next day. I sent an email to Greg Abbot with attachments about our plight, and the next day I had a response that it was under "criminal justice review" and that they would not be contacting me unless they needed additional information. Due to the experiences with the Dallas DA, I followed up a month later with the Austin Attorney General's Office. This time it was replied by Capt. Gregory Lewis, and he advised that per my email the Dallas DA is investigating my case and they cannot get involved. And that they "do not have oversight of the Dallas district Attorney's Office". That they can only get involved is assistance is requested by the Dallas DA. I even called him and talked to him. And he told me the same thing. I advised him that "he must not have read the attachment with my email (my statement). He again advised they had no jurisdiction over the Dallas DA. And advised me that per the statement in my email, that I should try the State Securities Board. He didn't sound interested at all. We then went to the State Securities Board in Dallas. They investigated by going to the Dallas DA and reviewing the documents the Dallas DA had ascertained. Seems all they got were bank records. According the Securities Board, there was not enough evidence to prosecute. The Securities Board advised they could see where the crooks had put my money into an account, but "unfortunately" they made all cash withdrawals, and that THAT would be hard to even get a jury panel put together. I advised Mr. Oman, "well i guess Stephen Williams has committed the perfect crime." He did not say another word. So my question, does the Austin Attorney General of Texas Gregg Abbott have jurisdiction over Dallas District Attorney Craig Watkins. Thanks for your replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment