Friday, July 15, 2011

I can't get over the way he treated me?

This guy treated me like a hookup, but I never agreed to that. We met through a mutual college friend. Our relationship started out with phone calls that lasted several hours, 3-4 nights a week, and dates every weekend. Dinner, bowling, coffee, etc...he bought me a rose and an ipod shuffle for Valentine's Day, the word "exclusive" was dropped 6 weeks in. I walked away from him, and got back with my ex, then we went out again but this guy didn't want to commit, so I walked away....and he asked for me back (begged really,) anyway..this went on for close to two years...finally he said "I love you," took him a while but he said it. He began introducing me to his friends..it seemed to be more serious than ever. But all the while he'd make little quips. For instance, I drive a Mercedes. So he told me that as I was driving away from a house party at his friends' house, they said, "she drives a benz?? marry that *****!" and I was like, "that's disrespectful, would they say that about their girlfriends?" and he basically made a distinction between their "girlfriends" and me...he continued to do this a few more times--act as though his friend's girlfriends were more worthy of respect than me. This guy has a problem with being too blunt..which is weird bc he also lies and "tells ppl what they want to hear"...but why was he so cruel to me in these subtle ways? Anyway, we're done for good..and have been for months...but I just think back on the things he said and I still feel terrible about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment