Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What do I say, what do I ask, how do I react to finding a long lost sibling?

I've just found my siblings that I've only met one time at our fathers funereal. I'm so nervous, and scared because I don't know what to expect. My dad had 6 kids by 3 different women and allthe women pretty much hated one another so when he committed suicide they never tried to get us together. I found my younger siblings over a year ago, but still haven't met them because they are both hooked on drugs and in and out of jail. Ihave two kids of my own and can't expose them to that lifestyle. Now I've found my two older siblings and thy seem to be on the same page in life as I am. They are both married and have children, and are stable. (I really don't want to have to support anyone) we are getting ready to set up meeting and I'm so nervous and worried. What kind of things should I ask? What is appropriate or inappropriate? I'm completely lost, does anyone have any kind of advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment